View Jamestown in a larger map
Jamestown village is located 5km from the town of Carrick on Shannon and is not served directly by Bus Eireann or Irish Rail. The nearest bus/train stop to Jamestown is Carrick on Shannon. Many local taxi services are available to provide transport from the town to the village, listed below.
- The bus route number 23 serves Sligo via Carrick on Shannon, from Dublin (Busáras). The bus stops are located alongside the river Shannon, between the bridge and Cryan's Hotel. Links are below to the timetable for the Dublin - Sligo route and to Bus Eireann's fare finder to estimate your journey's times and fare. Bus Eireann's Journey Planner is available to plan your journey. .
- Route 23 timetable [pdf]
- Bus Eireann Fare Finder
- Bus Eireann Fare Information
- Carrick on Shannon is served directly via Irish Rail's Dublin - Sligo InterCity train service.Taxis are normally available at the train station. The train station is a 10 minute walk from the town centre, where a choice of accommodation/taxis are available. Links are below to Irish Rail's timetables and fare information. Irish Rail's website can be used to plan your journey.
- Irish Rail Dublin - Sligo Timetable [pdf]
- Irish Rail Fare Information
- Jamestown is located just off the N4, 5km from Carrick on Shannon (5 minute drive), 58km from Sligo (approx. 1 hour drive) and 150km from Dublin (approx. 1 hour 50 min drive).
- For planning your journey, AA's Route Planner is recommended.
- GPS co-ordinates for the village are 53.92744, -8.030062.
There are many choices when it comes to accommodation in the area:
- Local B&Bs - contact details
- Salmon Leap (Jamestown) - Dympna Butler +353 7196 24571
- River Edge (Jamestown) - Mary Tiernan +353 7196 24112